Pine Needles at Gardner Village
1100 W 7800 S #3
West Jordan UT 84088
801-233-0551

contactus@pineneedlesonline.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Little Late.....

With the Holiday Weekend we are a little behind posting our  
MAKE IT MONDAY this week.  But we know you will agree that this MAKE IT MONDAY is better late than never!!  Thank you Karie for the fantastic idea!

While browsing the web a while back I came across this darling idea for a pincushion http://www.spincushion.com/2011/08/frame-of-mind-pincushion-.html.  I found some small frames in the dollar bin at Michaels and thought they would be perfect for friend/neighbor/teacher gifts. I played around with a few prints before thinking of using burlap for the cushion cover. However, burlap has too loose of a weave for such a tiny frame (the opening is just over 2 inches in diameter). Then I found some osnaburg in my stash. Perfect! I followed the directions found on the above mentioned post to stuff the cushion. Then I added a fabric rosette, a few felt leaves, some darling pins, and voila! It looks so cute sitting on my desk and is functional too. Go find some decorative frames, a fabric scrap or two and share your cushion with us!

No comments: