I am excited to be back with you for Make It Monday! It's been a while since I have shared a tutorial with you, but this one is a goodie! My sister Sherie made the most fabulous bracelets for all of us last Christmas and I am excited to share how she did it with you!
Here is a quick video of the finished product.
- 1 metal cuff
- Fabric scraps
- 20mm Clover yo yo maker
- 30mm Clover yo yo maker
- Needle & thread
- Fabric Tack glue or hot glue gun
- decorate buttons and/or beads
- Measure width of metal cuff and add 1/2" (image 1)
- Measure length of metal cuff and add 1/2" (image 2)
- Cut fabric for covering metal cuff to equal this measurement. (image 3)
- Fold in half, right sides together and sew along long edge using a scant 1/4" seam allowance. Open so that the seam is down the center and sew one end closed. (image 4).
- Turn right side out and thread onto metal cuff (image 5)
- Fold open end of fabric in around metal cuff and hand stitch closed (image 6 & 7)
- Using your 20mm and 30mm Clover yo yo makers create an assortment of yo yo's. I used (5) 30mm and (2) 20mm yo yo's. Glue along bracelet working from the center and out either side.
- Embellish. I added 2 buttons and then glued a pearl bead in the center of one of my yo yo's.
Of course, the metal cuff that I used is available at Pine Needles as well as the Yo Yo makers. If you haven't used these fabulous goodies you must give it a try - what a snap!
Here's a link to Pat Sloan's video on how to use them.