Pine Needles at Gardner Village
1100 W 7800 S #3
West Jordan UT 84088
801-233-0551

contactus@pineneedlesonline.com

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jelly Roll Quickie


I have been looking at the delicious Jelly Roll I picked up at quilt market (It's Verna by their new designer Kate Spain) and just couldn't wait to make something any longer. I'm like most of you though and have a million things on my to do list for the day so I came up with a quick 30 minute project. I used my favorite new gadget, a gathering foot for my Bernina, and gathered 6 Jelly Roll strips down the center. I then layed them on a simple white background rectangle and sewed them down going over my gathering seam. Quick and fun! Now I to decide whether to keep it in my sewing room or give it to my daughter? Now on to that list.....
Sandy

2 comments:

Terry said...

Cute idea!! Salvaged edges right? Because that would make it cute AND easy! :)

Natalie said...

I love it!!!