Once upon a mountain top, three little trees stood and dreamed of what they wanted to become when they grew up. The first little tree looked up at the stars and said......
That is the start of One of my favorite books for Christmas, or really it is such a beautiful folktale for for any time. If you have not read this book - please do, it will inspire and uplift you.
And today, in honor of one of my favorite books I hope you enjoy my gift to you, the paper piece pattern 'Three Trees"
I love the odd angles of the trees, and the folk art affect of the quilting.
- Download and print pattern
- Paper piece project using pattern provided, white background, and three different green fabrics. (See tutorial below if you are unfamiliar with paper piecing)
- Sandwich paper pieced top, batting and background fabric.
- Draw lines for tree trunks.
- Chain stitch trunks using 2 ply brown floss.
- Using 2 ply red floss quilt a running stitch through all layers along each seam as illustrated.
- Frame, make an ornament, mug rug, or small pillow.
If you are not familiar with paper pieceing - here is a fabulous tutorial found on Youtube.
Post a comment and I will draw a random number to receive a free frame as shown in my model. Enjoy!