- 1 tea towel (I am using a Indo teal towel which measures 20 1/2" x 28")
- 5 - 5" red squares
- 1 - 1 1/2" x 22" red
- 5 - green buttons (I am using a variety of fabulous Riley Blake buttons)
First, I must say that I did not think up this idea, rather I saw it on Pinterest (ADDICTED, I'm just sayin') which took me to this link http://www.kdquilts.com/2011/10/dress-it-up-buttercup.html and then I tweaked it a bit. I had some left over 5" charm squares and so I changed up the measurements to use them.
Sew here, is how it goes...
- For each 5" square fold in half diagonally and press. Fold in half again and press to create a prairie point.
- Lay five prairie points across tea towel with the raw edges being approximately 4" from the bottom. Pin in place.
- Prepare 1 1/2" x 22" strip by folding each end in and pressing so that the finished length measures the width of your towel. Press under each long edge 1/2".
- Pin over prairie points.
- Sew in place.
- Sew a button at the tip of each point.
That's it...you have a fastulous home-made gift!